3920 Grandview Drive West
University Place, WA 98466
Mary and Charles Curran purchased a 7.33 acre parcel of land in 1951 and transformed it into an apple orchard with 250 Gravenstein, Macintosh and Golden Delicious apple trees that quickly became a popular local landmark.
The Curran's two horses, Brewster and Christopher, also enjoyed visits from local children.
In 1993, the University Place Community Council successfully obtained Conservation Futures funds from Pierce County to preserve the orchard forever as a park. Today, Volunteers from CORE (Curran Orchard Resource Enthusiasts) continue their efforts in working with the City of University Place to develop the orchard into an "urban, edible" outdoor classroom.